First Step: Log into your page to edit anything you want
There are more than one way to log into your page4 website
To login simply use your email and page4 password. If you have more than one page4 website you just need to login once into your user account and you can edit all your page4 websites without a new login.
Now let's show in detail how to log into your website!
1. Open your website adress and use the login link in the bottom of your page
After you click on the link you switch to the member area of page4
An important address is your member address, which will never change. You can change the name of your page, but your member ID remains always the same. In the browser line (image over this text) you see the address members.page4.me/login/521817 - the last number is your member ID. In the login dialog you see the User: 521817.page4.me over the password field. We don't need your email, because we know your user id if we know your website address. The best way to log into your website is also your website address because you need to remember only your password ;)
If the login was successful, the browser line switch to 521817.members.page4.me = thats your complete member address of your website. (the number is just one of my test account, your number is a different number of course) Guest do not see this address, guest only see your domain (if you have an own domain) or your website name.
By the way, if the login was successful, you see a little bit more in your browser line, you see /admin.php after your member address like 521817.members.page4.me/admin.php and thats the next way to log into your page....
2) Write /admin.php after the address from your page to open the login dialog
Another way to open the login dialog is very simple. Open your website and then type into the browser line after the address from your website a slash (/) and admin.php. (See the image over this text). Then use the return button on your keyboard and a new dialog to log into your page will be open. Thats all. Simple and easy.
3) Use the Sign in link in the main navigation of our main page (last point)
Open our mainpage www.page4.me and then click on "Sign in", the last navigation point. A login dialog will be open in the center of the page. This dialog is a little bit different as the other ways to login. We don't know who your are, when you use the Sign in button. That's the reason, why we need your email address and your password.
If the login was successful you are into your customer account. Because the second point is, if you have more than one page4 websites, we don't know which page you try to edit. So we can not switch to your page, we only can open your customer account. But the user account is very helpful...
Log into your customer account
The customer account help you manage your accounts
- Profile = Here you can use your password.
- Accounts = Here your find all your accounts. You can view, edit or delete your accounts, upgrade to the light or premium version and create new accounts in second without a confirm email.
- Support = Use this contact form to ask our support team.
You can use the navigation or the links in the description to open your options.
- This user has only one website, if you have more than one you found all your accounts in this list. You just need to click on "Edit this account" to switch to your website and log into the site. Important: If you delete a page, it could not restore! You lost all data forever. You can delete all your account but not your user account. Please send us an email over the Support form and we delete your user account a.s.a.p.
- With one click you start the upgrade process from your free page. You need a paypal account or a credit card to pay your upgrade. Paypal must accept your credit card, if not you have a problem.
- If you need a new website you can use this link. It open a small dialog, type the name of your new page and click on "Register new Account".
Learn more about the structure of your page
- Head images. Most websites has one or more head images. For this example, we use a big head image as eye-catcher and a second small image in the top is be a part of the design. You can use one of our images or your own image. Currently you must change the design if you need a bigger or smaller head image. In the future, with one of our next updates, you can change the size of a head image without switch to another design template.
- Main Navigation. The navigation display the pages from your website to give you a way to open each page with one click. If we use a "split-navigation" like this example, only the pages from the main level will be display in the first navigation area. All other pages (subpages) will be display in the second navigation area (3)
- Most design templates split the room under the head images in two or three areas left and right from the content area (4). This areas will be call "sidebar". Here we use two sidebars. On the left (3) we need the sidebar to show the second navigation. You can edit the design of the navigation but you can not add own content into this sidebar. It is just a placeholder for the navigation tree. The sidebar on the right (5) is for your own content.
- In the middle you see the content area. You can add unlimited contents (one after the other) into each content area. Each page has differen content but the same head image and the same sidebar content.
- On this area you can add own sidebar contents. Contents in a sidebar will be visible on each page of your website. If you use our blog module it could be that the blog navigation wll be show into a sidebar with own content or under the second navigation.
- On the bottom you find our coypright line with the login link. If the design template use an own footer the content into this footer we be display over the copyright line.
Add your own content to each page of your website
When you move the cursor over the page, the individual sections are highlighted and a small tool bar appears on the upper border of the respective content. A page consists of any number of contents (sections) that are arranged one below the other. Each section has its own small tool bar. With this bar, you can create new sections (plus sign), edit sections (pen), delete sections (red cross) and move sections up and down (arrow). The last icon duplicate a content. A new section always appears precisely under the section whose tool bar you have just used. Please observe the following: There must be at least one section on a page. Therefore, you cannot delete the section if it is the only section.
Create unlimited pages and subpages
- On the left page4 show all your pages from your website like a tree. All main pages are on the far left like Home, News, or About this page. One step to the right you found the subpages from each mainpages. And another one step are the subpages from the subpages. You can create unlimited pages and unlimited subpages and levels. How you can make a subpage? Look at step 2.
- On the right you see a lot of icons. Here you see arrows in blue and grey. With the up arrow and down arrow you can move each page one step up or down. With the arrow to the right you move a page one step right to the next level. From this you create sub pages. With the arrow to the left you move the selected page one level up. If your page is a mainpage, you can not move to left because there is no level upside the main level. If you move a page with subpages these moves also.
- With this icons (you see a premium version with two more icons (created pages with two or three columns) you can create a new page, copy an exist page with all contents or delete a selected page with all contents. This is the way: Select a page in the tree on the left. If you will create a new page, click on the first icon. The dialog switch to "Edit page" and you can overwrite the name and set the option. Save and close the dialog. Thats all. You you have a premium version, you can create pages with 2 columns (use the second icon) or 3 columns (use the third icon). If you need a copy from an exit page to get the design and only change the content select a page in the tree and click on the icon with the double pages (in the free version click on the second icon, in the premium version click on the 4. icon. Change the name, save and close the dialog. Last Icon (delete): You can not delete a page with subpages, first you must move or delete the subpages. You can not restore a deleted page. So be careful. Select the page and than click on the icon with the red crux. Confirm this and your page is permanently deleted
- You can protect each page. Select the page and click on the icon. If the page has subpages all subpages protect too. People need a password to open a protected page. Open the second icon in the main menu (tools) and select "general options". Go to the second card of the dialog. Here you find options to set a password for protected pages.
- With the icon "Edit page" you can edit the name of a page, the alias name and more. More infos about this a.s.a.p.
- If people open the address from your website the browser switch to the first page (with the alias name index.html). This is the "home page" from your website. It is not the page in the top position of the tree, it is the page with the alias name "index". Each page of your website could be the home page. Select the page and click on this icon. Thats all. Or select the page, click on "Edit page" and set the alias name to "index". This is the same.
With the symbol “Page Manager” you can rename the existing pages, add new pages, and do much more. Pages must be entered in the navigation so that they can be searched for. Click on the “Page Manager” symbol and select on the left side (tree) a page in the dialog. You can then edit the selected page through different options. With the arrows, move the (selected) page up or down, or indent the page in order to create a subpage out of it. With the symbol for editing, you can rename the page, adjust visual settings, link the page and do much more. With the two (four) green plus-sign symbols, you can create a new page, which appears directly under the selected page, or copy the selected page along with its contents. Note that you cannot delete any page (the symbol with the red cross indicates this) that has subpages. You must first delete or move all subpages.
We hope these initial instructions help you to create your website with page4. Simply start implementing your ideas. Please note that all contents on the Internet are visible, so carefully consider which private information you really want to publish. Protect private contents by providing the page(s) with a password.